The Department of Engineering is responsible for designing and managing the City’s public infrastructure. This involves development of public streets which include roadways, curbs, gutters, and sidewalks.
Infrastructure improvements are needed to protect the health, safety, and general welfare of the citizens, visitors, and the business community within the City of Fontana.
The Department of Engineering is responsible for the following areas:
• Implementation of the City’s Capital Improvement Program
• Design and project management of City infrastructure projects
• Management of the City’s signal operation and maintenance program
• Land development activities
• Inspection of improvements within the public street right-of-way
• Transportation and interchange development