File a Police Report Online
How to Report Your Situation
Welcome to the Fontana Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an emergency, please call 9-1-1. Using the Online Citizen Police Reporting System allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency
- This incident occurred within the Fontana City limits
- There are no known suspects - if a suspect is known, contact (909) 350-7700. You cannot file an online report.
- This did not occur on a State freeway
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Online reports are for documentation purposes only and in most cases you will not be contacted by the Police Department. All online reports will be reviewed but most will not result in additional follow up.
Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions
After Filing Your Report
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete
- Be given a police report case number
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed
- Reports are for documentation purposes only
- You may be contacted only if additional information is required. Otherwise you will not be contacted.
- All reports submitted that occurred outside the jurisdiction of the Fontana Police Department will be forwarded to the appropriate agencies. No follow up or investigative work will be conducted by the Fontana Police Department
Types of Reports
- Filing a false police report is a crime
Using the Fontana Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):