Area Commander Program
As part of the ongoing commitment and dedication to the Fontana community, and in an effort to improve law enforcement service to its citizens through community-oriented policing and problem solving, the Mayor, City Council
, and Police Department have implemented the Area Commander Program. The program is geared for providing more effective and intensive police response to specific community needs as addressed by its citizens.
The program is also designed to enhance current community-oriented policing methods by becoming more streamlined, thus allowing line-level officers to be afforded more time and greater flexibility in concentrating on community-related problems.
This program entails management-level police personnel, namely four patrol lieutenants, who will:
- Oversee all community policing operations in respectively assigned areas
- Monitor crime trends and relevant issues in these areas
- Act as community liaisons
- Serve as contact points for community related inquiries
- Area 1 - All areas north of 210 freeway
- Area 2 - Area from the 210 freeway south to Foothill
- Area 3 - Area between Foothill and the 10 freeway
- Area 4 - All areas south of the 10 freeway