8353 Sierra Ave.
Ph: (909) 350-7600
Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Ken Hunt, City Manager, has been employed by the City of Fontana since 1990. Since being hired, Mr. Hunt has worked in the capacity of City Auditor, Budget Officer, Purchasing Officer, Finance Director, Human Resources Director, and City Manager (1999).
Prior to his employment in Fontana, Mr. Hunt worked with the Los Angeles County Auditor Controller's Office and in the banking and aerospace industries. Mr. Hunt holds a Bachelor of Science Degree and a master's degree in Business Administration.
Since the mid 1990s, the City of Fontana has been one of the fastest growing cities in the County. During Mr. Hunt’s employment at the City of Fontana, he has been credited with working with the Mayor and City Council
to engineer a financial turnaround. During the recession of the 1990s, the City of Fontana literally moved from the brink of bankruptcy to having a vibrant and growing financial base. In recognition of the policies and programs established by the City Council, the City has received critical acclaim and awards at the state, federal, and international levels.
Mr. Hunt’s accomplishments include:
- Creation of an aggressive economic development strategy for the community
- Initiation of a downtown revitalization process
- Creation of a citywide Capital Investment Program
- Development of Economic Zones in both North and South Fontana
- Construction of a new regional library
- Creation of a citywide paramedic program
- Expansion of several community-oriented policing programs that have led to dramatic decreases in crime statistics citywide
Mr. Hunt has published several articles related to government finance and restructuring and has periodically been asked to write columns for the local newspapers. Mr. Hunt has also been a guest speaker at several conferences throughout the state covering topics such as debt, government finance, and Manager / Council relationships.