Fire District Board
- 7:00 pm
- Second and fourth Tuesday of each month
- City Hall Council Chambers
8353 Sierra Ave.
Fontana, CA 92335
The Fire Protection District meetings coincide with City Council
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
View all available Fire Protection District Agendas
prior to January 2013
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes
| View All
- John B. Roberts – President
- Jesus "Jesse" Sandoval – Vice President
- Acquanetta Warren – Commissioner
- Michael Tahan - Commissioner
- Lydia Salazar-Wibert - Commissioner
- Janet Koehler Brooks - City Treasurer
- Kenneth R. Hunt - Executive Director
- Best Best & Krieger - District Attorney
- Tonia Lewis - District Secretary
In response to the County Board
’s plan to reorganize fire protection services, the Fontana City Council
initiated and subsequently filed with San Bernardino LAFCO
an alternative proposal for the provision of fire protection. The City proposed the creation of a subsidiary district and appointment of the City Council as the governing body of the new district.
The service boundary includes Fontana’s corporate limits and the County areas within the City’s sphere of influence. It has been a goal of the City to obtain local control for fire protection and to comprehensively serve the citizens and residents both within the City limits and the City’s sphere of influence.
View Fire Protection District Boundary Map
As of July 1, 2008, the Fontana Fire Protection District (FFPD) became a reality. The services that were once provided by the Central Valley Fire Protection District are now provided by the FFPD. Residents will continue to call 9-1-1 for fire and paramedic service. The primary difference residents will notice is the fire equipment will also display the fire district’s new logo.