As our daily lives are filled with more indoor time, there are many ways to stay healthy and active.
Here are a few ideas for staying active indoors (Disclaimer:Individuals should consult their physician before starting any exercise program or changing their diet to limit risks of injury).
For All Ages
- Take a Virtual Fitness Class - There are plenty of FREE options online.
For the Kids
- Fitness Blender for Kids - Free fitness videos
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Kid friendly videos
- Little Twisters Yoga - Free at-home kids yoga lesson plans
- 87 Energy-Busting Indoor Games & Activities
- Fluency and Fitness - Educational brain breaks to help students review essential literacy and math skills, while getting in some exercise. Find over 900 videos to help your child keep learning at home and burn off some extra energy. Our site is best used for ages 4-8.
- Go Noodle - Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts.
- The OT Tool Box - At home OT, PT, and ST resources designed to build skills in children through movement and play.
Did you know that the current Shelter in Place order allows for individuals to "engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with the Social Distancing Requirements...such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking and running."
- Visit a local park - Our parks are free and still open to the public. Don’t forget to tag us on social media.
- Visit a nearby County or State Park - These are all still open as well (campgrounds closed).
- Walk/run around your neighborhood and say hi (from a distance) to all of your neighbors who are getting outside too.
- Go for a drive.
- Go for a bike ride on one of the Pacific Electric Trail.