The following are typical inspection steps for an addition, remodel, or new residence. Other inspections may be required, depending on the type of permit.
• Foundation Slab on Grade or Raised Floor- To be scheduled after all excavations for footings are complete, concrete forms and required reinforcing steel and hardware are in place, and any under floor plumbing and electrical is done and under test.
• Girder and/or Under-Floor Inspection (raised floor only) To be scheduled after all under-floor framing, plumbing, HVAC, and wiring are complete and prior to the installation of the insulation.
• Under-floor Insulation (raised floor only) To be scheduled after the floor insulation is installed but prior to installation of the sub-floor.
• Shear and Roof-Deck Nail To be scheduled after roof sheathing is complete, structural wall panels and any associated hardware are in place and windows are installed.
• Framing (above floor) To be scheduled after all framing, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC are in place and the building is weather tight with roof, lath, and/or siding in place.
• Lathing To be approved prior to stucco application.
• Insulation To be scheduled after insulation has been installed and prior to dry wall covering.
• Final To be scheduled after the building is complete, finish grading is done and the structure is ready for occupancy.